If you think you just have no time to prepare a dish, go for this easy breakfast recipe that uses oats, chia seeds, bananas, milk, dates and nuts. A perfect one-pot breakfast meal with nutrients in abundance. This will keep you full for a long.
Ingredients of Banana and Almond Porridge
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- 1 tbsp dates, chopped
- 2 tsp almonds, sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Saffron thread
- 1 tbsp honey
How to Make Banana and Almond Porridge
- Gather all the ingredients.
2. Soak the oats in water for a few minutes, and in another bowl soak chia seeds in water for 10 minutes.
3. In a pan over medium flame, heat up the milk and add banana, dates, almonds and cinnamon.
4. Add the saffron thread to the milk. After 30 seconds, add the oats and cook with the milk.
5. After 1 minute, when the porridge is the right consistency and the oats are cooked through, remove the pan from the flame and pour the porridge into a serving bowl.
6. Stir honey through the porridge and garnish with chia seeds.