A simple recipe for Indian spice-rubbed salmon with creamy cucumber raita – serve with basmati rice for a quick 30-minute weeknight dinner.
- 4 6-oz salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English cucumber (finely diced)
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- basmati rice for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the salmon pieces on the foil, skin side down.
- Combine the spices, ginger paste, garlic paste, vegetable oil, and salt. Rub the mixture over the fillets.
- Bake for 12 to 24 minutes until cooked through. Bake time depends on the thickness of the fillets.
- While the salmon is baking, combine the diced cucumber, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, and salt.
- Serve the salmon with the cucumber raita and basmati rice.