I’m all about making meals as convenient as possible. I’m happiest when I meal prep a salad or breakfast that doesn’t require cooking, especially during my weekends when I would rather spend the time relaxing before another busy work week. That’s why overnight oats tend to be one of my go-to meal prep breakfasts
1/2 cup rolled cut oats
1/2 cup milk (I like to make these with almond milk)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon chia seeds, optional
Mason jar with lid
- Add the dry ingredients—oats and chia seeds (if desired)—to the Mason jar first.
- Pour in the milk, then add in the peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Mix the ingredients until the peanut butter has been evenly added to the oat mixture. Make sure all of the oats are submerged in the milk.
- Seal the lid, and place the oats in the refrigerator.
- The next morning, sprinkle in desired fruit toppers. Enjoy!