Amla chutney is among the healthiest chutney we can make easily . Amla is a power house of Vitamin C and many more nutrients.
During winter very good quality of amla/ Indian Gooseberry is available at very reasonable price so its a good idea to use this healthy fruit in our diet in one way or the other . I love making all sorts of pickles, jam and chutnies so I always make different types of preserves from this healthy amla.
The easiest and best recipe to consume and preserve amla is to make its chutney. It is so easy that everyone can easily make it with the basic ingredients available in every Indian kitchen. This chutney is so versatile that it can be served as a dip with snacks, as a sandwich spread or a side dish with your meal.
- 12 Indian Gooseberry /amla
- 2 cups Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Daniya chopped
- 6 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- to taste salt
- pinch Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- Wash amla and chop into slices, discard the stone
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and mustard seeds.
- When they start crackling add the asafoetida, dried red chilies and the fresh green chilies.
- Saute the chilies till they get few burn spots over them.
- Now add the chopped amla and cover and cook for few minutes till it become soft.
- Now switch off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Wash the coriander and mint leaves,
- In the mixer jar add all the cooked ingredients, coriander, mint and all the spices.
- Add just enough water to make it into a smooth paste.
- Store the prepared chutney in a jar and keep refrigerated .
- This chutney will easily remain fresh for 10 days in the refrigerator.