Pasta Salad is a quick and easy recipe that can be made in just 30 minutes. Made with boiled gluten-free pasta and fresh vegetables, It is not just scrumptious but is super-easy to prepare. Pasta is one ingredient you can use in a variety of ways. The best thing about pasta is that it does not have a taste of its own and hence it can easily blend in with any type of ingredient. The secret of making good pasta lies in its sauce. If you are making a main dish with pasta, ensure that the sauce is aromatic and flavorful. If you are craving for a healthy meal, try out this delectable pasta salad. You can also carry this salad dish to work or enjoy it as a wholesome dinner.
- 200 gm gluten free pasta
- 1 cup broccoli
- salt as required
- 4 leaves lettuce loose-leaf
- 4 cup water
- 2 small tomato
- 1 dash powdered black pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1 handful basil
How to make Pasta Salad
- Step 1. Boil pasta on medium flame. In order to make this pasta salad, which is super healthy, take a medium sized pan and put four to five cups of water. When it comes to a boil, add pasta with a little salt and one teaspoon oil. The salt is important as your pasta will taste bland if you add salt only in the sauce and the oil will prevent pasta from sticking together.
- Step 2 Rinse boiled paste in cold water. Cook the pasta and drain the excess water, and rinse under running cold water. You can follow this trick, if you feel your pasta is slightly overdone, add some ice to retain the right texture of the pasta.
- Step 3. Add the veggies in ice-cold water for crunchiness. Meanwhile, boil some water in a bowl and add the broccoli, after two minutes, drain the water and add some ice. Put the lettuce and tomatoes in ice-cold water so that they retain their crunch and freshness.
- Step 4. Toss the salad with dressing. Take a deep serving bowl, preferably a wooden or a glass one. You can also serve the pasta in a stone bowl as is the latest trend. Take the lettuce leaves, roughly chop them and put them in the bowl. Now add tomatoes and broccoli and drizzle it with some lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil. Add crushed garlic. If you love the flavor of smoky garlic, stir fry it and then add to the salad. This will remove the raw smell of garlic.
- Step 5. Season with herbs and spices. Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs. You can also add a spoon of honey if you want it to have a slightly sweet taste. Finally toss again all the ingredients together and garnish with basil leaves.
Step 6. Serve and indulge in the goodness! You can also use some toasted almonds and walnuts for garnishing. This pasta is ideally served chilled. You can have it for lunch or dinner.