Chicken Shammi Kebab is one of the popular chicken-based dishes and is loved by people of all age-group. It can either be enjoyed as a starter or can be clubbed with the main dishes. Chicken Shammi Kebab tastes the best when some mint chutney or ketchup. Made with boneless chicken, chana dal, onion, ginger, garlic and a melange of spices, these delish kebabs offer a burst of flavours. These kebabs are pan-fried and are thus healthy for all weight watchers. They are full of protein and is the perfect option to binge on when you want to eat something healthy yet tasty
- 500 gm chicken boneless
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon carom seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 peppercorns
- water as required
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 clove
- salt as required
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
How to make Chicken Shammi Kebab
- Step 1. Wash the dal. Wash the chana dal properly and soak it in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes rinse it again, strain and collect in a bowl.
- Step 2. Saute the spices. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a cooker, add cumin seeds, carom seeds, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, clove, black peppercorns and let them crackle for 1-2 minutes. Add chana dal and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3. Add chicken. Add boneless chicken, salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and add 1 cup of water.
- Step 4. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let the pressure come down on its own. Now remove the lid and if there is any excess water in it, cook open-lid for another 5 minutes.
- Step 5.Dough for kebabs. Now grind everything together to make a thick paste and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Now add chopped coriander leaves, onions, garlic paste, ginger paste to it. Mix well to prepare a dough.
- Step 6. Make small kebabs. Now grease your hands with some oil and make small balls using the dough. Flatten them a bit to make kebabs.
- Step 7. Cook the kebabs. Pour 2 tbsp ghee on a tawa and place your kebabs on it. Cook from both sides until golden brown in color.
- Step 8. Ready to be served. Your delish chicken kebabs are now ready to be served. Enjoy them hot with chutney and salad