One of the most loved Gudi Padwa recipes, Katachi Amti is a delectable blend of spice and sweetness. Follow the Katachi Amti recipe given below to make this Gudi Padwa special food-
- Bengal Gram Water (chana dal Water) – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Goda Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – As required
- Jaggery (Gur) – 2 tbsp, grated
- Tamarind Pulp – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – 6 to 7
- Coconut – 1 tbsp, scraped
- To make this Katachi Amti recipe, firstly heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powder, goda masala and Bengal gram water, stir and bring to boil.
- Add salt, jaggery and tamarind pulp, mix well and cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a small tempering pan. Add curry leaves and pour in the prepared mixture once they crackle. Turn off the heat and add coconut. Mix well.
- Your Katachi Amti recipe is ready! Serve this Gudi Padwa special recipe hot with steamed rice.