Roasted Eggplant and Chickpea Curry Recipe is a flavorful dish made in a coconut milk curry. The distinct flavors of curry leaf, turmeric, coriander along with garam masala leave a delectable taste to the palate. Serve Roasted Eggplant And Chickpea Curry Flavored With Curry Leaves And Mustard Seeds along with Indian Breads and rice for lunch/dinner.
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight and cooked
- 1 Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) , cut into wedges
- 100 ml Coconut milk
- 2 Tomatoes , quartered
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 5 Curry leaves , roughly torn
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 Red Chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons Sunflower Oil
- Salt , to taste
How to make Roasted Eggplant And Chickpea Curry
- To prepare Roasted Eggplant And Chickpea Curry Flavored With Curry Leaves And Mustard Seeds, heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan; add in cut eggplant wedges, with a little salt and roast on medium heat until the eggplant is tender. Transfer the roasted eggplant from the pan to a bowl.
- In the same pan add in a teaspoon of oil. Once the oil is heated up; add in the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Allow it to crackle. Next stir in the chopped onions, dry red chillies and sauté until the onions are soft and tender.
- Add in the turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder and very little of the coconut milk and sauté until all the ingredients are come together.
- At this stage add in the cooked chickpeas and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Finally stir in the coconut milk and the roasted eggplant and simmer for another 5 minutes until you see a rich color come through the chickpeas.
- Turn off the heat and serve Roasted Eggplant And Chickpea Curry Flavored With Curry Leaves And Mustard Seeds with hot steamed rice or Indian Breads.