- vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds ½ tsp, plus a few extra for sprinkling
- black mustard seeds ½ tsp
- nigella seeds ½ tsp, plus a few extra for sprinkling
- Jarlsberg© 200g, grated
- ginger a thumb-sized piece, finely chopped
- green chilli 1, deseeded and finely chopped
- bloomer 2 thick slices
- mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- mango chutney 2 tbsp, plus extra to serve
- STEP 1. Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the cumin, mustard and nigella seeds for a few minutes until fragrant, then tip into a bowl to cool slightly. Wipe out the pan.
- STEP 2.Add the grated cheese to the spices, along with the ginger, chilli and a little seasoning, and mix well.
- STEP 3.Put the bloomer slices onto a chopping board and spread each with mayonnaise and sprinkle with a few cumin and nigella seeds. Turn each slice over and spread over the mango chutney and divide the chilli-cheese mixture on 2 of the slices. Put the other 2 slices on top.
- STEP 4. Reheat the pan over a medium heat and fry both of the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the bread is a deep golden, then put the pan into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is oozing and melted. Cut each in half and serve with more chutney, if you like.