Have you ever just wanted the best of both worlds and ended up cramming them into one? That’s what this mash up is. Avocado hummus is the ultimate dip perfect for any occasion.
- 15 oz (425) can chickpeas, drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, (for canned chickpeas only)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cored and peeled
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- pinch of paprika for serving
- Add chickpeas into a small pot. Cover with water and add baking soda. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and let boil until soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain chickpeas in a fine mesh strainer under cool running water until water runs clear, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer chickpeas to a food processor with tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and avocado. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula when the hummus gets stuck to the walls of the bowl. Process once more. With the food processor running, drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the ice cold water. Process until smooth and creamy.(If your hummus is too thick if using a thick tahini, blend 1-2 extra tablespoons of cold water into your hummus until reaching your desired consistency.)
- Taste test and adjust flavors if necessary: extra pinch of salt or cumin, or a little extra lemon juice.
- To serve, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a light dusting of paprika.
2 thoughts on “Avocado Hummus”
Hey !! Thnx so much